the happy (atheist) homemaker is no longer available. Video Nostalgie

Saturday, March 13, 2010

A better use of time

I've shared with you all before that I have the tendency to get sucked in to the vortex that is my computer. I thoroughly enjoy certain aspects of the 'net (TV without cable, phone service without a provider, bill-paying without calling the bank, connection to old friends and, um, blogging).

Other aspects are time wasters.

Online shopping (when I don't have money!), forums (gossip-y ones!)...and my new found (or, better - newly admitted) time waster is obsessing over my blog.

I don't want this blog to become a negative time-suck for me, so I decided to delete my google analytics along with that little widget on the sidebar that shows you where the readers are coming from.

The purpose of this blog is for my own (and hopefully yours as well) entertainment. It's not so I can try to color every country green (on analytics). It doesn't matter how you found me...although I must say, some of y'all are weirdos, hehe!

What matters is I'm here, not wasting my time (or yours...hopefully), and not driving my husband crazy by getting overly excited about my first reader from Macedonia (hi, you!).

So...bloggy simplification. Woohoo.

I'm not saying that those blog-aspects are useless. If I was trying to make money (which would be nice, but apparently blogher doesn't love me...) or figure out how to get more readers, I'm sure they'd come in handy.

But...I'm not.

The readers I have...I like you guys (ladies?) and I'm more than satisfied with the tolerant, open-minded, nice people that comment.

So, this is just me, announcing my blog (mental!) declutter and officially signing off for the day so I can clean my house!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment